Preliminary draft - subject to change without notice
Modern military and security forces areengaged in numerous complex missions ranging from routine operations, low intensity conflicts and special operations to high intensity warfare and they are highly involvedin the fight against terrorism and natural disasters. This means that their operational environment varies widely including urban, semi urban/rural, open country and jungle/forest terrains as well as operation in all weather conditions.
The forces utilize a variety of resources including intelligence platforms, weapon systems, battle management systems and afast growing number of additional applications with an ever increasing emphasison real-time video, access to "bid-data" and complex image information. They are also working in an integrated manner where geographically separated teams and resourcesneed to work together with the forces arrangement changing on-the-fly.
• With high spectral efficiency
• Low weight & power
• Supports multiple applications
• Simple to use and operate
• Easy to integrate with other communication systems
• Open and standards based
|Elta´s TacMAN is based on the 4G LTEcommunication system that provides the best technological basis for the required solution. The 4G LTE technology coupled with Eltas leading military technologies provide the optimal combination of COTS (Commercial off-the-Shelf) and military capabilities required for answering advanced military and security forces communications and information requirements.
Elta´s TacMAN is a military grade, light-weight, low power, broadband communications and information system that can be carried by a single person or mounted on a vehicles or other platforms. The TacMAN includes an LTE base station, an LTE network core and an applications server that can run multiple applications. It can work alone as an independent network and MAS (Military Application Store), or connect with other TACMANs using Elta´s unique CellMesh™ technology to create a multi-TacMAN OTM broadband network. The TacMAN can also be connected to the wider military network through a variety of IP based communication means (LOS, Satcom or other IP radios).
|• Air Interface- 3GPP LTE frequency bands 7,13(additional bands can be supported)|
|• Protocal - 3GPP LTE release 8/9. FDD and TDD|
|• Carrier - Single carrier, 5, 10, 20 MHz BW|
|• Application server:
- Processor: Intel Core i7-3517UE
- DRAM: Up to 8 GB
- SSD: 128 GB
|• Built in GPS|
|• I/O: Gigabit Ethernet, 3xUSB 2.0, 1x RS232, 1x HDMI, 4xLTE antenna connectors, GPS connector|
|• Power connector & ON/OFF switches|
- Size - 5.5" H x 9.25" D x 8.25" W
- Weight -< 4kg (excluding external FE)
- Transmit power - 2x 1W MIMO (expandable with external FE)
- Power consumption - < 60W
|• Vehicle mounted
- Size: 5.5" H x 9.25" D x 8.25" W
- Weight: < 4kg (excluding external FE)
- External FE:
- Size: 5.5" H x 18.25" D x 9.85" W
- Weight: < 9kg
- Transmit power: up to 20W (with external FE)
- Power consumption - < 160W (including FE), 20-30 VDC
• Connection to remote military applications/services
• Local services
• "CellMesh" mode
• Multiple interconnection options
• Information security and immunity
• Large number of concurrent users
• Compatible with commercial 4G LTE (3GPP standards based) handsets and Elta´s 3G/4G LTE secure hand-sets
The TacMAN can be deployed in manpack, vehicle mounted, airborne and seaborne versions.
The TacMAN´s users enjoy very high bandwidth and an always-on access to military applications protected with Elta´s unigue information security and authentication capabilities.
The TacMAN provides an excellent solution to two main use cases:
• Stand Alone mode - On-the-Move stand-alone network supporting multiple broadband applications including real-time video, video conference, photos, MMS/SMS, PTT, VoIP, Military websurfing, BMS and more.
• Mesh Network Mode - Using the TacMAN as part of Elta´s unique "CellMesh" network of multiple TacMAN nodes creating a larger area network with greater capacity and coverage. Elta´s unique "CelMesh" technology ensures that all users stay connected even if particular nodes fail. The TacMAN uses an LTE based connection between the nodes as well as to the users
The TacMAN can also be connected to other military networks through LTE, SATCOM, LOS or other IP radios. TacMAN users can also workthrough commercial 3G/4G cellular networks while, aintaining information security